View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 05:27 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW!!! Thought I had owned some shatty trucks over the years but WOW!! There isnt a straight piece of steel on it, well maybe the rear dealer step bumper. The carb is in pieces. EGR valve is flat out missing. Appears that something was on fire at one time cause there is burnt loom, wire & black crap on the top front of the motor. Wires are so so butchered. Grill, well the whole front end (plastic) is trash. The 2 old fellas (was over at the buyers friends house) keep rambling on how well it ran & sounded.

On the plus side, it would be a straight frame for my F100 & has the ball joint front end. Built April 1984, 300I6, 3spd on the column, 8.8 rear axle. All the glass but the windshield is good. some of the inside trim is good. Turned the motor over a little by hand so it isnt locked up. Im thinking strip it, keep the rolling chassis & misc. parts. Try & sell the motor/trans. Scrap the rest. Now to try & come up with an amount of money to tell him he needs to add.

Now if I cant sell the '82 I will strip & part it out. Turn the frame/bed into a trailer.

Also went & looked at some sheep, oh I mean non-gas-powered-lawnmowers, today.