View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 05:11 PM
LamerJoe
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expedition tune up and price questions

Hi, I have a 2002 Ford Expedition 2WD 5.4L, we have owned this car for a while has just over 250k miles on it, still in really good shape.

We would like to get it tuned up as we are about to put a few thousand miles on it, because we are moving across country and as we bought it used we don't really know if or when it ever had one.

We do have a mechanic in mind to do this for us, as taking to to a Ford dealership seems to be an expensive option. We have used him before as our brakes failed and needed replacements.

So my first question is, we had the front brakes completely redone, 1 new caliper 2 brand new rotors and brake pads tow and oil change and labor and this cost just under $800. Was this a good price to pay or were we ripped off, not knowing the prices of these things we just paid it and hoped for the best.

And my second question is when asking for tune up what should we expect to get done and what should we expect to pay. I do know it's needs new plugs and I am fairly sure the timing is off, it seems to idle between 500 and 1k rpm (I think).

Thanks.