View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 06:25 PM
FourXFord2
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for letting me join, I hope I don't disapoint ya!
Been owner of a ford Bronco since I bought a '76 fpr 2500 in 1993. I still own that and have had no less then 12 since. ( and a few wannabes) Currently driving a '91 Silver anniversary, awesome ride! Bought it after crashing my '89 in a head on with a pontiac (June 16 2010) It's gone. well most of it lol! I saved lots of parts from it to use on the '91 like the engine, built by myself from the bottom up with a .040 overbore, flattop pistons, micropolished crank,and Crane Cams lumpy stick. Have replaced almost all of the sensors at the time, has been a good running mill and is not afraid of the rev limiter! E40D trans was not playing nice so it's sitting beside the garage hid by a 5 gallon bucket. In it's place went a M5 manual trans with a used factory clutch and all parts from a donor F150, a bronco, and some F250 parts. E-shift transfer cases IMO are a pain so I didn't bother to put it back in, went with a BW 1356 manual shift instead. Then, not needing the switch on the dash anymore, nor the holes drilled by POs, I installed a dash from a '90 bronco. Rear axle was the 8.8, and was giving me fits so it left in favor of the ford 9 inch from a '80 bronco that I parted out. Bumpers are built by me and are sealed and tested to 150 psi as tanks for On Board Air kit, and use recievers front and rear for pushing/pulling trailers around, also for mounting a Warn xi8000 winch on a cradle, with Bulldog ind connector front and rear.
This bronco pulls a 24' trailer with no problems,only slower when it has 10 tons of firewood or scrap steel loaded on it! I still have alot of work to do on it... $ pending.