Old 12-30-2011, 09:22 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
Leaf,

Yes, welcome to FTE.

Nobody has asked you yet so I will - please GO HERE and finish filling out your profile so we can see where you're at on each of your posts.

Concerning identifying your transmission, post a picture of your Certification Label on your driver's side door jamb.

Here is mine for reference:

Concerning your headlights, probably best to create a separate thread (so the guys who are good with this problem can recognize it via your descriptive & helpful title ).

The headlight switches have circuit breakers in them, yours may be doing its job, because....

There is a tan wire that is famous for melting right around the switch connector, I believe this is the primary feed for the headlight switch but don't remember for certain (hence, create a new thread with a decent title so the people who know it by heart can answer).

Besides, I'm confused.... you talk about jumpering the switch connector for the low beams but then talk about the high beams flickering.

As I remember it, all that stuff is controlled at the dimmer switch in the floor; have you done any other backyard engineering of the wiring?

How much plat is acceptable in what sounds like a manual transmission? No idea.

Chilton & Haynes both suck in comparison to the factory shop manuals which can be gotten on ebay or from any pf a number of resellers of used automotive literature.

I bought some from THIS PLACE - I'm not advertising them, just stating that I'm a happy customer of theirs.

You can add your motorcycles to your garage here if you want.