Old 12-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Bootlegger's Deluxe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Trying to find rear drum brake parts, 1995 F250

So, heres my story. Pops and i were restoring our 1981 F250 becuase after 600,000 miles, he deserved it. I swapped out the original semifloating axle for a full floating axle out of a 1995 F250. We pulledthe project outside for a few months, and the garage burnt down. Huge bummer.

Well, we rebuilt the garage, now we are finally getting back to working on the truck, when a simple "oh crap" comes up ... i have no rear brake parts. The truck was rolled out with bare backing plates, no shoes, drums, nothing. Now, i know i can get wheel cylinders, shoes, drums, hardware kits, and adjuster kits from places like NAPA, what i'm trying to locate is things like the swing arm that connects to the parking brake cable, things like that. Things i cant buy over at NAPA. Local yard wont let me yank the brakes off of a rear axle... i'm up for suggestions.

Also, one last thing: with my old pads missing in action, how do i determine if the shoes were 2.5" or 3"? I still have the donor truck for reference sake ... thanks.