View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 09:21 PM
pawpaw
Received 73 Likes on 71 Posts
Well lets see, I ordered my 99 Ranger & it was special built at the St.Paul plant, but it came with a German engine, French tranny & was assembled in the USA, so maybe it should have been called an "International"!!!!! lol, Remember those, they're history too.

My 99 has about 75K on it now, just getting broken in real good & if I take care of it, the danged thing will likely outlast me!!!! I like it just fine, has done everything I've expected of it. If I'd wanted an import I wouldn't be driving the Ranger. If I'd wanted or needed an F-150 I'd be driving that. The 4.0L pushrod, 5spd OD tranny, extra cab with 4drs, was just what I was looking for, so 3mos after retiring I took delivery of my first truck & put it to work towing my Bass Tracker to the lake, where I'm now on a first name basis with most all of the large mouth bass!!!! The pushrod 4.0L has plenty of Grunt & still gives 17.5-17.7 towing the Tracker over & through the Blue Ridge Mtns & better than 25 on the highway in OD running 55-70, so I don't need or want anything else!!!! The Ranger & I have bonded!!!! Too danged bad fords short sighted upper management didn't!!!!! lower case intended!!!!