View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 01:03 PM
07F150Lariat5.4
Tuned
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bayman77573
Mine is doing it too, but I think it's an engine misfire and not the tranny. I had a coil go out before and it does the same thing. Took it to the shop because I was out of town and they changed the plug out, but the problem still existed but not as bad. When I got home I asked a Ford mechanic and he said it was the coil. I changed out the coil for that plug and it solved the problem. I was lucky that time because it was bad enough to give me a code. This time it's intermittent and I can't get a code to show up. I have 89000 miles on it now so I'm thinking about a complete tune up with all new coils, plugs and wires. It usually does it when I'm going up an incline at lower RPM's, or when I'm pulling my boat. I'm sure it does it when I'm just cruising at low RPM's but it's not aas noticable.
Well, I don't think it's a missfire because what happens is the RPMs shoot up like it's in neutral and then drop fast once it bumps back into gear. I don't know what's causing it though. It only happens on hills. It feels just like it loses transmission fluid prime. Cause in the transmission all the fluid rushes to the back of the pan when you start off on a steep hill. I don't know if the filter was put on wrong, or what. I'm hoping I don't have to put a brand new transmission in it.