Old 12-23-2011, 09:57 PM
EODguyJake
Fulltime INFIDEL!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler
was that 550 for the tru trac installed or just by itself? Because i went back to the gear shop that did my 4.30 gears and stuff and they wanted 1200 to install the true trac, another set of new bearings and the labor. I really want the ARB only because if i do go hunting or some light off roading i want to be 100% positive that the rear will be lovked up. But for the almost no off roading i do and the only thing is hunting im leaning towards the tru trac. Once this winter is over and i save some money from over time i hope i can get it this spring. Plus my BFG all terrains will be almost spent by spring and im putting a good set of mud terrain tire on and keeping them forever this time, no more "o i think an all terrain will be good enough crap"!
It's hard for me to remember exactly what everything cost because I was deployed when I had it done. IIRC, the Tru Trac was around $550. Their charge for install was between $200-$300. I didn't need bearings, but if I did, it would have been another $100. So, $1200 installed seems high to me, even with bearings. If that's what they were gonna charge while they were doing your gears at the same time, they were definitely trying to rape you. As far as being truly "locked" in the rear with the Tru Trac, once it grabs (which is very fast) as long as you are applying power, it's not gonna unlock unless you break it. Being gear driven, there is no way to get slippage once it grabs.