View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 11:21 AM
jmiley
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by retrieverman
I have had my truck with the 6.2 engine since March, and with 12,000 miles on it, it has been in the shop for the better part of 3 week. It started "missing" on cold morning and would spit and sputter for about 5 miles until it warmed up, and the dealership replace "a valve" which fixed the problem for a couple of days. On the next cold day, it took nearly 20 miles for it to start running smooth, and once it smoothed out, it ran great. I carried it back to the dealership two weeks ago, and they told me today that they nor Ford have a clue what the problem is.

According to the dealership rep, they have replaced two injectors, coils, spark plugs, and wires, and nothing has corrected the problem.

Has anyone here had or heard of similar problems?

I really like my truck, but I am not interested in having a "new" truck with a rebuilt motor (if it comes to that).

You would think with all of the diagnostic equipment and test procedures a dealership has they wouldn't be swapping parts hoping to get lucky and fix it.

Isn't there someone from the factory that could help the dealer figure out what is wrong with it?

One problem is the cost of the trucks go up, quaility goes down and neither the factory or dealer really know or care if there is a problem.