View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Daz00Excursion
My Backpack Gots Jets
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kudofo
Oh time for some nerdiness...

Star Wars Galaxies was WAY WAY WAY better than SWTOR But they killed it when they tried to make it like World of warcrap.

SWTOR is so freaking linear. Do quest level, its like world of Warcraft where is the mental stimulation. I used to watch TV and do Math homework while playing wow because it was so detrimental to my mental health but I want to be social.

Anyway... Rant over. Just though I would put my 2cents in
Star Wars galaxy was for the super uber nerds . one of the quest was to learn how to dance? LOL..no wonder it failed as a MMORPG for the masses. this is where WoW set the standards on a successful mmorpg. By expanding upon just the base nerd-cap population to the general public, Blizzard (WoW) now has 10.3 million subscribers (accurate as on Nov. 2011)

thats why SWTOR is similar to it. Bioware is cashing on its success. Learning from Blizzards mistakes and improving on them. Dont get me wrong i love both games. matter of fact im still playing WoW to maintain our arena standings. Another Gladiator title in the works would be nice.

after playing WoW since closed beta. achieving multiple Gladiator titles in PvP and such. it got boring. this is where SWTOR is a nice change from Dungeons and Dragons slaying. Killing noobs got boring after awhile lol.