View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 08:22 PM
pmasley
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by whack&stack
i am in parkersburg. i am very good at grunt work lol i have no trouble doing that. if its ok with you we will wait till after the new year get all the holidays out of the way. i really do appreciate that. very nice of you.
You are just an hour away. Take the trans and transfer case out as one. Once you get it out and get the grundge cleaned off of it, tearing it apart and putting it back together should not take no more than four hours. Just make sure you have the spec book that monsterbaby described and both torque wrenches. I prefer to use 6 point sockets in a trans. I have some of them, but like I said, it has been a while since I undertook a trans rebuild. Hopefully all it will need will be clutches and bands and no hard parts. Just make sure the rebuild kit you get has all the seals, including the front and rear ones. Nothing would be as bad as putting it in, firing it up and having it blow fluid out the front or leak going to the transfer case. You also may want to consider putting a shift kit in at this time since we will be so deep in it.

I will bring my digital camera and laptop. The FTE brothers and sisters will want a step by step photo shoot of what we do.