View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 02:01 PM
soksniffer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I've gone and am back. A couple of times I ended up on some of the jeep trails that branch off of the 152A, 152B and 152C (I still don't get how your weird-o road naming system works), and only had one scare on Tuesday afternoon when I bottomed out on some rocks I really had no business trying to go over and the check engine light, oil light and check gage light all came on, and the power steering went bye-bye. I turned my truck off just to make all of those awful lights go away--even if only for a moment--then took a look around the outside to see if anything was obviously broken (nothing was). After banging my head against the steering wheel for having been such an idiot, I tried turning her back on and... she was fine. Whew! I found an easier way out and called it a day.

There sure are a lot of jeeps in Sedona, and apparently ALL of them are owned and driven by 50-somethings. Weird.

I was disappointed by the mountain biking. All of the trails I check out were choked with golf-ball- to fist-sized rocks. The views were great, but I banged up my shins pretty good getting to (and from) them.

Last edited by soksniffer; 11-26-2003 at 02:05 PM.