View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 06:42 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
GB SISSON'S day off

OK, so the kid that works for me in the cabinet shop wanted to take the day off so I thought what the heck, I can work on trucks all day. It was a rare sunny beautiful day here and I set about to replacing the drivers side hub on the 54 gmc. I had stolen the hub adapters off it to use on my fridge front hub 8 lug conversion and I'd been driving it (the gmc)with a stack of washers under one of the wheels for about a month and hadn't killed myself or anyone else yet, so off it came. Pounding out bearings and races etc, etc.... Well I got that done by noon and thought what should I tackle on the 59? The cab and bed are from different trucks and while I never do a show type resto, I like my rigs to be presentable so I usually mix up some paint for a touch up. I decided to mix up some semi- gloss meadow green so I can brush paint the problem areas as I fix them and it blends with the old faded paint. I've done this for years. At the end of the day I lined up my old trucks for a photo shoot. I paid less than 8000.00 for all 6 combined and picked away with used parts on the rest of the repairs. I'm headed to a Christmas party right now at one of my wealthy clients house and am running late to meet my sweetie after she gets out of work. I just had such a great day I had to share it with the fridge guys. Heres some pics of today.

Attached Images