View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 07:24 PM
e-tek
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FossenRacing
The book costs me 100 dollars, they dont have a stock 390 stroke and they dont use stock truck heads. so i may as well buy a book on 460 intake comparisons and use that.
Ask here= FREE and usually its a stock 390
I just dont like edlebrock. They dont put the fine detail into stuff.
which is why it cheaper. I dont care where its made as long as you get results for your dollar.
and i havent seen it from edlebrock products on fords.
Edlebrock is directed towards chevies cause thats were they make there money. and if they make a chev look better than a ford more people will build chevs and buy edlebrock.
Its basic marketing. They go for the bigger group.
I find it hard to agree with just about everthing you wrote!!
You'll learn a lot more from books written by pro's than you ever will from "free" forums - the advise is free for a reason!
Edelbrock doesn't put fine detail in? Tell that to any racer around who's using their intakes, heads and easy-tuning carbs. The stuff fits and fits well - you don't hear of people having to massage Edlebrock parts to fit - like you do Dove!
You haven't seen it from Edle's on Fords because you aint looking or reading the right stuff. Barry Rabotnick says the RPM is the best intake out there for an FE.
Edlebrock is directed towards BUYERS. They design every product to make it the best possible product so that when they sell them, people are happy - and by and large - they are, THAT's why they are successful.
If they went only for the bigger group they sure wouldn't make stuff for the relatively TINY FE market - it's called NICHE marketing.

You really should pick up a book. I just read Barry's FE book and it answers every question you asked - plus has a lot more info you're missing out on!