View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 12:39 PM
bnmccoy
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by galaxie641
From what I have seen you will get that message if you have cut your previous regen short a few times. I've had it happen twice with the new flash and each time I knew I was cutting it short before hand.
I never cut them short; if it is in regen then I usually hit the highway (even though it seems this happens frequently after a HW trip and I'm near the house)

I always know as the fuel mileage drops; hardly ever see the short flash message. I then run through the display to confirm on status. I then reset my second trip odometer. I run anywhere from about 300 to 550 miles between regens. My exhaust tips have been black since 18K; so I suspect DPF is cracked; I will try to force the issue again at my dealer prior to 100K since the 08's are covered for that period.

You can see miles since last regen with scan tool; so I occassionaly check same too. I wish there were a regen counter too; as I have seen comments about same on the Duramax sites.

I wish they would give us the option to initiate manual regen. (while moving down the Interstate)

Bob

Last edited by bnmccoy; 12-03-2011 at 12:40 PM. Reason: clarify