Sorry I didn't see this post sooner.........Methanol is a very corrosive chemical, and when mixed with ANY water will be even worse! I ALWAYS remove the Methanol from my bio, and have never had a bio related failure. It does take a little more time and trouble, but is worth it in the long run. Yes tom, I'm working on a much faster way to remove the Methanol from the glycerol, in minutes instead of hours.....
I now Mod 7 different forums on FTE so have less time to spend in here, but you guys can always PM me if needed!
We bought a semi-finished house this summer, and between finishing up the house and working on my new 4,200 sf shop I'm pretty busy even with my retirement last Nov, but I'm not going anywhere.............
Oregon Chapter Leader
My friends call me Don.
"I always keep a supply of stimulants handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy" WC Fields
RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE