View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Sleepy445FE
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FossenRacing
I mud race this truck and shave as much off it as I can. But it doesnt make the truck any faster so I do see your point.
My other truck has a dominator. And I think I can get more out of any other intake. I do have a d5 te 4bbr and a c5 ae intake but don't have the full part numbers. But maybe The c5 is a cj. I will look into it. If it is I will use it and spend the money somewhere else.
Don't bet on it. The Street Dominator is a great intake for these power levels. In standard form it performed virtually identical to the CJ in Jay Browns book. Port matched to the heads added an extra 30hp.

I hate to break it to you but the intake that fits the bill here is the Edelbrock Performer RPM. Any reason why you don't want it? I mean it's not a carburetor it's a piece of cast aluminum. No working parts or tuning to have a preference on. The fitment was great on mine.

You've asked quite a few questions about which intake is best. Why not just by this book, FE Power - Dedicated to Building and Racing the Ford FE Engine, 390, 427, 428, SOHC, and find out yourself how they stack up on the dyno.