View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 08:25 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
Back in the Hood

Actually under the hood....... I bought my 9' flareside bed in Spokane a year ago, and bought the 59 F350 stake truck in Early September of this year. I had been looking for a correct vintage Ford with a 60" cab to axle dimension so I'd have something to mount this bed on. It required a different rear axle which I had collected, and then I decided to convert the front hubs so they'd be the same 8 lug pattern. Then I mounted the box, did a bunch of leaf spring work and after that I built a hd rear bumper. Somewhere during this frenzy, I got it running and left a bunch of stuff under the hood a bit wired and zip-tied and vice-gripped together. (most of you have seen pics of this rig, but never under the hood). Well, this afternoon as work in the shop was winding down, I disconnected the battery cable to pull the generator, but My temporary battery tray fell apart so I pulled it out and one thing lead to another and I started stripping stuff off under the hood. I guess I will fix the gen., re-plumb the heater I had by-passed initially and tidy stuff up in there. I did recover this cool windshield washer bag off the other fender and it was still half full. I remember at the beginning I was stepping on this weird pedal above the dimmer switch and spraying fluid all over the engine compartment. Sorry for the long post, I am just really excited about this fridge, It has really grown on me..........

Attached Images