View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 10:05 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
Thanks guys. I ultimately decided to do some other work to the truck yesterday. The charging problem still exists and I guess I'll have to make a choice about which direction to go. Besides, I wasted an hour trying to find that multimeter. I decided to just do something simple. So far I had been running this thing on the 15 yr old plus oil in the crankcase. I had the filter and some oil, so why not change it? Everything went as planned until I found the drain hole in the pan was stripped... OK so I took a piece of 1/4" fuel hose and ran a 1/4-20 round head machine screw through it, head first into the hole, tighened the nut and good to go. Then I couldnt get the large filter gasket to stay on. I didn't realize it fell off when I went to get my freshly painted canister off my halogen shop light. I mounted it with the gasket laying on the floor. Ran the engine, oil light goes off. Oil flood under the engine. So I grease up the gasket and now good it stays on. Now I only have about 3 qts in and no other oil anywhere. So this job isn't complete either. I figured out it was ok to just back up out of the shop to mop up the floor. Big crunch as I ran over my halogen light with the right front tire....Good thing the kids left me with a little beer.