View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 11:10 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
Gen light stays on

I've never been real good with the charging system or anything electrical for that matter, I have gotten my fridge to run pretty well for a 600.00 craigslist find that hadn't run for 15 years. Well, all the kids have gone back to the city after the holiday, and tomorrow I'm gonna tackle my charging problem.....
223 cu six. Red charge light on dash dims when I increase rpms but stays pretty bright, so I'm guessing I am getting something out of it. I bought a multi meter but it's still in the package and I've never used one. I have a new group 24 12 volt battery in it and the engine starts right up. What do I need to do to test the generator, or do I want to test the regulator too?. I'm not trying to keep the truck real original, so I'm kind of thinking about a gm one wire alternator in the future like I have put on my 8n tractor and a few other old trucks. For now, I just want this thing to charge so I can drive it around. Then maybe at some time I'll get plates for it. Thanks in advance.