View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 10:25 AM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist
Received 288 Likes on 199 Posts
Friend of the Fridge

We all love our Fridges, or Orphans if you will.But let's face it,we are often considered the Ugly Step-Child by our fellow truck owners.There are not many vendors/restorers/collectors/ whose primary focus is the 57-60 line-up of Ford light duty trucks ,but I recently became aware of one,and want to pass the word..

William "Riff" Riffle,is definitely a promoter of our trucks.Riff, as owner of Riff's Restorations in Pahrump, Nevada, has been messing around with Ford trucks and cars for over 55 years now.It started when his father would take him to the business where he was employed,and Riffs' first tasks were washing and changing oil on the many Ford trucks the business owned.His love for Ford trucks already assured by age 12,the now 68 year-old recalls seeing a 1958 model which cemented his life-long preference for our era trucks.Someone rolled in in a brand new Styleside ,and Riff noticed. It's dual headlights,which were new for any brand truck back then, as well as the slight rake that it's California owner preferred,had him hooked.

Though Riff,a retired railroad worker, does love and restore all eras of old Ford trucks,he remains true to the Fridge.And he REALLY loves the 4-wheel drive models.In fact, He has several projects in the works ,one being to produce a plug-n-play, engine/tranny ready chassis for 57-60 trucks,using the later model (67 up) 4-wheel drive Ford truck frame.I will try to provide more info later,as Riff was on his way to Las Vegas to pick up another truck when we spoke .

Someone from FTE -can't recall who it was - had referred me to Riff, and I'm grateful.I called him several months ago to see if he could find for me the somewhat-rare stock Ford power steering system I'd been in search of for years.Having forgotten all about it,I was surprised to hear from him yesterday,as I sat in my Lazyboy, web-surfing,drinking coffee and recovering from the Thanksgiving gluttony.He'd found what I wanted,was going to get the truck,and was I still interested?Duh! As an added bonus,it also had the original Hydrovac power-brake system,for which I'd also been searching.And the price was very reasonable.

So if you are in need of any parts, hard-to-find or otherwise, try calling Riff.If anyone can sniff out the parts, he can.Be advised that Riff is not comfortable with computers ,and can only be contacted by telephone.No web-site/email.He will snail-mail photos of parts/vehicles for your approval,though.Thanks to the person, whoever it was, that referred me to Riff,and I am hoping Riffs' friend can help him to get a little more familiar with a computer so he can join FTE,and contribute some of his half-centurys' worth of Ford truck knowledge and experience.

William "Riff" Riffle, Owner

Riff's Restorations

Pahrump, Nevada

(775) 751-3751