View Single Post
Old 11-23-2003, 12:00 PM
mikewrt
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ummm, let see there is lots of trails in the area of the state but some in sedona are protected by permits, the vortexes, ect. or are full of jeep tours or hikers. If you just are looking for a senic drive you might try schnebly hill road out of sedona and up towards I 17. The drive up or down is quite nice as you drive 4000 ft from sedona up to around 7000. then from I17 go towards flagstaff and if so desire check out the shops downtown. there is some good wheeling around flagstaff. I even just like to take a shults pass through the mountains or just go up elden to 9000+ ft and admire how far you can see. Neither are usually extreme wheeling except when there is snow which right now there isn't any or little but I've heard that some is on its way this week. When done in flastaff either go back down I17 to schnebly hill or I would drive down 89A back to sedona. If you are looking to stay around sedona you might also try following a jeep tour and see where they go or find a local map. I'm in flagstaff but not sure where I'll be or if I'm avaliable.