View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 09:37 PM
creativecars1
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have already put in a straight up timing chain and gear set and re-curved the stock duraspark distributor. I have a set of headers and dual exhaust waiting for a long weekend to install. I also have a 600 Edelbrock, but I am really looking for a 500, and have an old Offenhauser dual port intake that I'm going to give a shot, I also have a performer intake if the dual port doesn't work out. I get solid 18mpg on the highway and 15 in town, usually with 500 lbs of tools and junk in the back. I know some guys that are making $400.00 per mo. truck payments would love to get that kind of mileage, but I want to get solid into the 20's. It is a good driver and performance is strong for what it is. I also have set of 1.8 roller rockers a that I had acquired to bump up the stock cam, with out changing springs. That was before I started exploring the aluminum heads on the market. Also considering MSD or other ignition components. Again efficiency and mileage are my biggest concern as I know the items listed above and by 85e150 will boost HP. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
My newest thought of going to Windsor type heads made me think and so my original question. To build an efficient, inexpensive, torque motor. Would a set of aftermarket Windsor heads go along with the rest of the package, other than different headers and spacers mentioned in the op. <o></o>
Has anyone else tried this? <o></o>
It looks like the advantages would be:<o></o>
increased compression<o></o>
improved combustion chamber<o></o>
increased port velocity <o></o>
lighter weight<o></o>
all without touching the shortblock?? Just a thought, what do you think. Thanks,<o></o>
Yea, $1800 for heads would be a miracle, but the $700 may be do-able...<o></o>
<o></o>