View Single Post
Old 11-22-2003, 11:53 AM
76 F250 4X4
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DOVE-C vs D3VE-A2A

The obvious basic facts are that the DOVE head has about a 75 cc +/- chamber and pretty open and unobstructed exhaust ports and that the D3VE (stock '77 Lincoln) is about 97 cc +/- and has a very plugged-up exhaust port.

It seems to me that the D3 exhaust ports could be hogged out to flow just as well as the DOVE and by replacing the '77, 30 cc dished pistons with new flat-top pistons, a 460 with D3 heads and straight cam timing would be as good as any 460 with DOVE heads providing the DOVE set-up used dished pistons to give the same compression ratio. Please correct me if I'm off base.

Also, does an intake manifold like the Edelbrock performer or performer RPM flow alot better than the stock '77 Lincoln manifold?

Do the Edelbrock performer RPM 95 cc heads flow alot better than a well ported set of D3 heads?

I know that all of these questions can only be answered accurately depending on what combination of parts are used but I would really appreciate general opinions from some of you guys who are very familiar with this stuff.

Also, if I decided to build a 547 stroker would any of the ported out stock heads and/or intake manifold be adequate or would I have to go to aftermarket parts to get the flow?

Thanks, in advance, for your opinions on one or more of these questions.