Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - i made a propane injection!! 7.3 idi non turbo
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Senior User
1973dieselhighboy is starting off with a positive reputation.
i dont know what you would use to turn the solinoid on and off besides a switch on the pedal, i just got my propane kit built and put on my truck tonight have not got a chance to go and drive it yet had a few to many, but i used an adjustable pressure switch to control my solinoid, mine is in line to my map sensor and i used a 12/24v air solinoid to turn the flow on and off, i used a adjustable pressure/flow regulator from, got mine set at 10psi right now but i have a powerstroke and get up to 23psi of boost under heavy load and 3800rpm. my brothers friend is running the same set up on his sd as i just built and his works great he has about a 50hp increase with his set at 12psi. you can get the air soliniods from a place that supplies air horns for vehicles they would know exactly what you need. i would really like to know what kind of increase you get when you get it figured out cause i am looking for some more poewer for my 87 ford ranger and i have a 7.3l idi in it and there is not room with how i have it in to fit a turbo so any extra power the better