View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 10:32 AM
transam525
Senior User
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Disregard the E-bay link, as I just noticed I copied an incorrect page (amp gauge). The gauge itself has no wording, only an orange needle and white hash marks. Inside the cluster is a metal bezel that surrounds the gauge and displays the appropriate lettering for what the gauge displays at the bottom. The gauges are different, and not interchangeable. The ohm readings differ as do the mounting bracket orientation on the gauge itself.

The cluster consists of the housing, three cardboard tubes to contain the lighting for the high beam indicator, OIL, and GEN lights, the speedometer, temp gauge, fuel gauge, high beam, OIL and GEN lenses, surround bezel, and the glass. To swap the gauge, unplug all gauge and bulb connections from the rear, un-snap the speedometer cable, and unscrew the outer screws of the front instrument cluster panel. Remove the entire panel with cluster attached. Once removed, unscrew the temperature gauge from the rear, remove, and install the new cluster and re-assemble. Personally, I wouldn't bother with trying to install an aftermarket parts store gauge. Even if an NOS or used gauge costs more, the time saved without having to wire in an entirely new/different gauge is money well spent.