View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 09:19 AM
whalebird
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope you can be a happy Ford owner as well. I have owned a dozen or so Ford products (and lots of others) and have been happy except for one instance, and it was as much my fault as Ford's. I know this means nothing to you and I wouldn't expect it to, however if Ford sold you a dud truck and did not make every effort to resolve the issue so long as you are reasonable; I would be a bit jaded in my ownership as well.
I have been a dealer tech (not Ford) for a long time and have witnessed these situations first hand. In my 'brand', the factory would exercise due dillegence by reviewing the list of complaints, interviewing the tech that performed the work, and surveying the vehicle thoroughly. If any flags were raised they would be addressed, but if the customers complaints were legit, tech was prudent and analitical, then it was within hours that a drastic and complete solution was underway. This seemed to pivot on the customers posture. I've seen my marque "fire" customers that were unreasonable: take their car back, return their money, and say "your not allowed to own our cars - we're not doing business any more". Hang in there Ed and stay calmly focused on the prize.
I have an opinion and it is completely worthless to everyone else so...
I don't like V6s. I've known many and they can be adequate motors, and some are well executed. I've not experianced the ecoboost, but hanging turbos and hypeing a V6 as a breakthrough is not going to do it for me. It may be great in the Taurus and Fusion, but that turbo is working hard pulling a 5500# truck around and it is probably dumping fuel under moderate load. I suspect that the 5.0 would yield better milage, or at least more consistent milage. My 09 with the old 3valve 5.4 gets better milage then you report.
Would you consider one of the V8s if given the opportunity to replace your current truck?

Again, I am voiceing a personal opinion based on anecdotal observation and not intended to offend or offered as criticism.