View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 10:53 AM
EdCaffreyMS
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I figured that would come up.....there is a security light in our yard, but it's not near where the truck gets parked. (about 40 yards away, with the light mostly blocked by the mower shed)

I was thinking basically the same thing....that the auto lamp sensor might be picking up some light source.....but I've been parking the truck there ever since taking delivery.....and this has never happened before. What I didn't say in the first post is that I went on my errand, and the truck did the same thing when I was leaving to come back home.
This morning I was up early and tried the lights before daylight....this time they work like they were suppose to. That's the way all of the electronics issues have been with this truck.....no rhyme or reason that can be tracked.....it will do something goofy, then no do it for a while, then do it again unexpectedly. I'm fully convinced that there is something amiss with the computer(s)/software, but since the dealership can't pull any specific codes, they have no idea how to handle it.

I emailed the General Sales Manager at the dealership this morning with this latest issue......they have ordered another truck identical to mine, and when I asked what the thought pattern is, the answer way "in case you want to trade yours in"......if it's reasonable, I'll jump on it in a minute, but I know they are in the business to make money, and I'm afraid I'll loose my shorts in the deal. The new truck is suppose to arrive in early Dec., so we'll see what the offer is, and see just how anxious they are to make me a happy customer.