View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 09:25 PM
jas0n
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks!...

I got the new dash installed... It didn't catch on fire, which is a good sign; but the donor was a bronco and I didn't take into account the rear window and defroster, so now I have to find a tank selector switch and splice those parts of the old harness into the new one... Hopefully the pinout is the same on the firewall and I can just swap over the pins inside the connector on the switches to legit F150 connectors(or cut the connectors and splice them in if I have to).

I do have a couple other odd ball issues, like the light on the outside of the cab staying on... I hope it is just a door jamb switch that I haven't connected yet. Either way, it is now dark (and raining)and I've been at it since 2pm. Pics will come in a few minutes when I go back outside to get a few thing out of the truck.

PT. 2

I go to start the truck up and it does the same crap it did with the old harness in... It doesn't start... then it barely starts... then it doesn't start... I pull the alternator off to take it to the neighborhood auto parts store and notice the casing for the voltage regulator is broken around the connector but I don't think anything of it. They start the test and it passes the first stage, but fails on the second one, the "light" stage... I got home and pulled the cover off and I see two contacts that belong to the connectors are broken off the solder pad. So tomorrow I am picking up a new voltage regulator and hopefully that solves my running problem.