View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 09:40 PM
fordman75
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by jas0n
the new dash I am getting includes EVERYTHING. I unbolted both wire connectors on the firewall, unscrewed and bolted everthing, dropped the steering column, and pulled the dash out. I'll be removing all the good components and selling them on here for other people.

thanks! and Yes... I don't know what is up with the goose-neck. I figure its part of that "Mountain States" package. Apparently there was a "Mountain States" Ford Dealership in Colorado that specialized in commercial vehicles. If I had to venture to guess, the package included the goose-neck, trailer controller, and that wire hookup in the bed. It looks professional to me. I figure once I get the truck fixed, ill beef up the rear suspension, and add an airbag. I can swap them out with f250 or f350 leaf springs right? ( it is a 4x4, so I assume is has 3 inchers)

Good choice picking up a complete dash assembly to replace yours.

You can always upgrade the suspension to handle the added weight of towing. But remember you still only have an F150 frame and F150 brakes!! You have to be able to stop that load once you get it moving! The brakes are one of the main reasons I went with a heavier vehicle for towing.