View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 04:54 PM
71dusterdan
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hercules,hercules hercules....my baby so strong!!! thank you Eddie Murphy! Yup big, dumb and real strong! Dont mind my attempt at letting my hair grow for a year, made it 11 months, then lost it, and shaved it back down to Uncle Sams finest haircut! That was me dropping the front suspension and k-frame off of the car. 10 bolts, 20-25 minutes and Walla you have a giant mopar wheelbarrow! That is the beauty of a muscle mopar, 10 bolts and the front end is free, in fact the car is assembled this way, you bolt the dressed engine and trans to the k-frame and lower the body over the top of it! go together and comes apart this way! Makes dressing the engine and setting clutch and flywheel runout REAL easy! Cany wait to put it together that way!
Now I havent mentioned it yet....but my vision for this car has evolved a little, maybe you can say...I started thinking with the bighead! I realized it was rather unrealistic of me to think, I was gonna get to blow vacation and discretionary income on rich mans games out west! Also realized that with that cage and all the other race oriented stuff, the car had become a 2 passenger! Yet I have a 3 person family, and a motorcycle already, which is a solo/2 passenger vehicle! I love my wife and daughter far too much too not be able to share this car with them! So as I have kinda hinted at already....the cage got cut out!!!!!!!!! My vision was adjusted into a well handling, touring car per se! Think Modern European sedan or coupe, Beemer, Audi... I want it to be fun and comfortable, quiet inside, modern amenities, like stereo, power windows, locks, a/c. It needs to have some zip, and stop on a dime, blast an onramp, and give the fast and furious fits when driven at 7-8/10ths. Something that I can take my wife out to dinner with our friends, and get out at the fancy restaurant holding my head high, yet enjoyable enough to drive that I take it to the grocery store or work!. Dont think for a minute upon its completion that it isnt gonna be driven a bunch! If it aint snowin, or salt on the roads it will always be an option!