View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 04:15 PM
71dusterdan
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So last summer I had these renderings done, he was a really nice guy and very reasonable, but he just missed what I had in mind. Ibelieve I still have some more rendering pics that are a little closer to my vision but still no cigar. The last pic in the above post is the car as of this summer when the fire got relite under my butt. The car came from Az. it is a really dry, clean example of a lil old ladies car with a /6 and a floor shift manual. It is a 1971, the year I was born, and my lifelong dream car. When my buddies and I were sitting around talking about what car we were gonna buy when we made the bigtime...My response was always a 1971 Plymouth Duster. Here we are years later, 40 yrs. old, and I have my dream car....my buddies, well they still have pics!
So the rendering pics...the 1st one is a really close semblance to a factory built car, plus front and rear spoilers and a six-pak hood scoop. Good looking but not quite my cup of tea. The 2nd set of pics get much closer to my vision. In 71 Plymouth had an engine callout sticker on the corner of the hood, said 340 wedge, that is about where you see that white gumball with the 71 in it. I have since tweeked that idea a little more, now it is going to be a large red version of the factory dustcloud graphic( I will try and upload a pic, gotta steal it from Rocker Kenny Wayne Shepards Duster! hahaha!) with the number 71 in the cloud! As for the two tone...well he missed that by one body line also. If you look beneath the line where the two colors meet, you will see another bodyline. The 1st one beneath the current break is where my two tone is gonna change. The line will go all the way to the front grille, and turn downwards to completely cover the front leading edge of the car in black, including the bumper. Moving to the rear, on the tailpanel in the middle top2bottom you will see the continuation of that bodyline. That will be the break once again, so the tail panel will also be twotoned, and the rear bumper will be painted to match the lower color! Ahhhhhh the color.....well along the way, I decided as much asI love red, I just cant afford to paint it red, and I wanted a darker, more menacing look! So the color comes from my wifes 2011 Honda Oddyssey minivan, Polished Metal Metallic, a very dark charcoal gray. No negative comments about her Honda....Ford didnt have a minivan, and when Mama is happy.....everyone is happy! Continueing along, he got the wheels right...for now, they are Cragar soft 8's, I already own them and originally the car was too have a road/circle track vibe to it, so they worked and got me my 17" dia. After the car is on the road, I will change out the wheels over a winter.