Old 11-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Wigglesdabum
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well I am trying to have a vehicle that is EMP proof. An EMP is something that knocks out all electronics and micro chip boards. I know that alot of people would say I am paranoid. But I was in the market for a truck and I want to be prepared just in case. If you dont agree that an EMP is a possibility you are entitled to you opinion. I just need some information from the guys who know trucks the best. I really love the Ford body style and was wanting to get one. I know that the micro chips and all that are much better for the vehicles because they make them more effecient and reliable. If I can find a later model that I can buy extra chips for to replace the ones that get fried in an event of an EMP i would do that if its a reasonable price.

I originally wanted to get a Dodge Ram 2500 1989-1998.5 because it is a simple motor with the only electronics being in the starter and the fuel shut off solenoid. I can push start it and manual turn on and off the fuel. But I would really like to have a ford. Thanks for any help.