View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 01:50 AM
93f250tn
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pili
I'm in the process of selling my current truck. That lightning is an hour a way from me. I talked to the owner of the dealer and he knows its over priced. The only reason that particular lightning is appealing to me is the fact its 1 owner. For the past 10 years it was corporate owned. From what i can tell it hasn't been modded out either. I spent a couple hours looking within 200 miles from my house for one that is reasonably priced and hasn't been beat to death (new motors, trannies, ect). Staying away from red that its one of the better ones.

Ive been doing some research what else do i need to look for besides leaking inter coolers and the obvious stuff nos, pulleys, drive shaft, ect?
I am in the market for a lightning as well, i am going to pay to have a full inspection done on whatever one i choose. The price varies but is anywhere from $50-$100 and well worth the $. Usually if a sports car/truck hasn't been modded more then likely the owner didn't beat on it to much because they didn't care to go much on going faster then what it already is in stock condition but bought a sports car/truck either for looks or to have some fun now and then. Not always true but can give you an idea. You can also tell on well a car has been taking care of by the condition of the paint. I own a auto detailing business and can always tell on how well the owner maintains the outside by little things like dings on the front bumper, rear bumper from hitting things by not paying attention or dings on the doors from people opening there doors into it where like me i park out in BFE so that dos not happen. Once again its not exact but can help give you an idea. Also if they can provide maintenance records that would be a huge plus.