View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 02:34 AM
carltonwebb
Cargo Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...el-towing.html

I found a long discussion on the capacity of your current truck last year. It seemed to be the general consensus was that you should still have 4-5k lbs before you overload your current truck which could net you a larger toad with no issues. I only referenced it because you got me wondering as to the capacity of your current truck. Googled (verb----lol) it and this was the 3rd link.

I have seen all the issues above with 6.4 and also seen them go on and on with no issues. All of the ones I am around are heavily loaded and spend a large part idling-high idle but still idling. 4 originally- 2 have died( high mileage/hours) and 2 others keep on, one of those had an engine failure under warranty at low miles. All are 08 models and all have had the radiator put in them. Most only one time. Sometimes fuel system issues can be a nightmare with some dealers when it comes to proving that there was no contamination.

I am not a big mod person either but I think if I were to get one, I would delete the DPF and get the tuner that will allow it to run once its gone. Most have done it are reporting an increase in fuel mileage. No first hand experience with that one though.

All that being said, of the 4-they still had less engine issues than the 6 liter trucks we have that do not work as hard. no egr/oil cooler/ or any of those issues. Less fuel mileage though but reliabilty is equally important for the job that they do. Our 6.0 trucks did not deal with the idle time they have to endure as well as the 6.4 trucks do.