View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 08:16 PM
kereams
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote start, heater and heated seats.

From what I can gather from searching here and looking at the owners manual, if I leave my heater on Auto and its cold outside the heated seats should automatically turn on and so should the heater to warm up the cab when I remote start the vehicle. The heated seats are definitely not turning on. If I leave the truck block heater plugged in then the defrost seems to be blowing hot air on the windshield but these trucks are soooo cold blooded that no heat will ever generate until its been driven for a bit if not using the block heater. Are the seats supposed to get warm?

I had a servo motor on my climate control go bad a few weeks back and when they fixed it under warranty they also updated the programming in the climate control unit, so it has the newest program. Is my unit just not working correctly or am I misunderstanding how it should work? The manual does not state at what temperature things happen but it was 35 out this morning and that should be cold enough to automatically turn the butt heat on.

Also, at what temperature do most people start plugging in their block heater?

Thanks!