View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 03:51 PM
93f250tn
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pili
I'm thinking about trading my SD (info in sig) for this lightning. 2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2WD - Cars For Sale Longwood, FL
Car fax is clean and its a 1 owner. Is it worth it? What things would i need to look for specific to that truck?

I love my current truck but my wife is having a hard time getting in and out of it. The lightning will only be used for shopping, errands and days when its raining too hard to ride.
The problem with Lightnings prices is it varies in the area and how many is available. $13 grand plus taxs puts it at around $14 grand which is on the high side for one that has 120k+ miles. It is a dealer so there price is always going to be high. For example here in Tennessee if i bought a truck like that from a owner (currently one on Nashville craigslist with 104k miles in great shape for $9000) but on the other hand theres one 12 miles from me with 114k miles, one ower, in great shape and with tax its $16200. IMO i wouldnt pay over 11k with taxes for that truck so depending on how much your truck is worth i would sell yours outright if you can then buy a lightning from a owner which will be much cheaper.