Old 10-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by burnout400m
you can't simply clock the front axle, it'll screw with your steering geometry. you could cut the knuckles off and weld on knuckles with the center section rotated to give you a better angle. not something to try haphazardly. I've seen ads and products highlights for companies that can build a custom shaft with joints that will run to some pretty extreme angles. unless you have the knowledge and tools to build a custom axle or feel like plunking down some serious green to order a custom front end with a rotated pinion then a custom shaft is the way to go. you'll be able to have a factory shaft modified but by the time they get done lengthening and adding the new yokes/joints to work with those angles I'm not sure how much money you'll save. maybe that route will be worth your while, don't know never lifted a truck that high.

I'm almost positive that the D60 was standard on all 4x4 F350s. maybe some parts have been replaced, maybe the old axle was toast, maybe you have an F150/250 that has been converted and the PO put F350 badges on it. you'd have to run the VIN and that would narrow it down.
Pinion yolks and T-case yolk have to be on the same plane otherwise you will have vibrations no matter what fancy driveshaft you have.

I worked at a 4wd shop for enough years to know that.

In order to clock the axle correctly, the axle tubes come out of the center section, then pressed back in at the correct angle, then there is no unnecessary steering issues