Old 10-24-2011, 02:34 PM
1999EBEXP
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lbrowne
You know, I'm having a horrible time with heat in my 2000 too. When I first got the truck, it was blowing at best lukewarm air and the operating temps never got quite to where they should have been.

Replaced the tstat, now the operating temps get to where they're suppose to be. I get really really hot air out of the heater but it comes and goes.

I would have suggested a backflush but you show as both hoses being hot coming from the firewall. I did that last night regardless since both my hoses are hot and very warm/hot for the outlet, of course it didn't help my cause.

I see on here mention of a heater flow valve? I wonder if my 2000 has that? Searching the archives shows no results for it.

The picture you have that shows a tire - where is that exactly? I'm going to check mine too.
Mine doesn't even blow hot air at all. It would have been okay if the rear or front works. At least then I can set either one to high setting to heat up the interior. But like I said, either front or rear blows hot air. I don't really know if flushing will work but I'll do it anyways, hoping this will solve it. I'm just going through every single possibility before I disassemble the dashboard.

As for the picture that shows a tire, the tire shown is the spare tire. If you look under the rear passenger side, you'll see 4 tubes/hoses.