View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Fujis123
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Expedition rough idle

I've been a lurker on these Ford forums quite a bit. Gathering up as much info as I can on problems related to my expedition. The problem I have is I've got a 2000 expedition Eddie Bauer with 152,016 miles. When the weather was a bit warmer then it is now ii would have an issue with rough idle as soon as the truck got up to operating temp. I may go into extreme detail so please bare with me, I'm at my wits end with this thing.

At first I thought it was related to a improper fuel pump installation from a repair shop. The keeper nut on the top was cross threaded and the gasket was inside the tank. Sucked to find this out on a trip 3 hours from home, when the tank started leaking. After repairing that issue, the truck started its rough idling issues. It also threw the code for lean on banks 1 & 2. After looking over several threads it seemed as if the PCV was the issue. I went and replaced it with a new one from the dealer. A week after the replacement it started idling rough again. Also driving home one evening I lost all power. RPMs dropped to zero and the throttle had no response. Then all the sudden it all came back up. My next day I off I spent the day going over everything I could think of. I found a hole in the intake elbow right after the MAF. Went and replaced that and the air filter also replaced the fuel filter.

Two weeks later which was yesterday, the ambient temp was about 36 degrees when I left for work. The truck started normal then after letting it warm up a bit it rough idled at every stop sign and stoplight I came too. Got in the truck leaving work and it ran fine till it warmed up. This morning it ran fine till it warmed up. I'm at a loss. I checked fuel pressure and it was good. Any and I mean any help would be great