View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Johnny Law
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with Tylus on this one

I am happy with my Expy as it is brand new as of last June. It is the first FORD I have purchased. I still have my 96 Suburban which still runs great but I wanted to have a back-up tow vehicle. So...

Anyhow, when I looked up at the roof of the Expy, I saw the dimples in the top and for the life of me could not understand why the FORD engineers had them inset. Obviously it is a real problem and a design flaw in my mind. If they were dimpled outwardly there would not be the collection of debris and water.

I noticed these when I was washing and waxing the car right after I purchased it. I noted to myself that these areas are going to be the place that trouble will start. It is not in an area that gets a lot of attention and is difficult to get at. So I'm with Tylus on this one. Fortunately for me I do not live in a Salty air environment so it is not going to be as bad for me. But I will pay attention to this area.

IT IS A DESIGN FLAW. IMO. Hopefully the FORD design engineers will pull there heads out of a dark place and redesign the roof.

Johnny