Old 10-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SlickYamaha
I am looking for something that. (in order of importance)
A: Waterproof (or as close as you can get)
B: Less than $1,000
C: Hard Cover, (Fold up, or roll up)
D: Able to be removed easily
E: Able to be opened without opening the tailgate. (not really that important, but nice)

Any suggestions?
I have been looking at
BakFlip
RollBak
Pace Edwards
Roll N Lock
Peragon
Protrax
Glad to see Peragon made your short list!

A: None of the bed covers you've listed are waterproof - nor do they claim to be. The good news is, the small amount of water that does get in is easy to manage. If you're carrying sensitive cargo (electronics, tools), a few dollars worth of Rubbermaid-type totes will keep your gear organized, clean and perfectly dry. It's a small tradeoff for the flexibility that retractable / folding covers offer.

B: Check. Peragon does not use a multi-level distribution network - we ship directly to you. That allows us to offer a solid aluminum, retractable truck bed cover for hundreds less than comparable options. That direct connection with our customers also helps us provide stellar customer support.

C: Check. The Peragon cover is solid aluminum with a baked on powder coat finish. No vinyl, no plastic, no styrofoam core.

D: Check. Our retractable cover can be quick released without tools by one person in 30 seconds - no canister taking up valuable bed space.

E: Check. We leave the tailgate independent of the cover so either one can be operated without touching the other.

Here are links to recent reviews of our cover on this forum:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ck-covers.html

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...tallation.html

Also, we're offering a $40 discount to FTE members through 11-27-11. Just provide your member name when you order. Click here for details. If I can answer any other questions about our product, please let me know!