View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 11:42 PM
maverick22
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by A/Ox4
Anyone know of any good offroading areas? I'm not talking about mud or crazy terrain, just nice areas for a pleasant drive off the beaten path.
Way to hijack my thread Trey! Just kidding bro - it's all good. But you owe me a beer now!

But back to the thread - thanks for all the suggestions guys - I'll try to research them a bit yet this evening. Couple questions though - made it in today and rented a car (Kia = pos) and drove up to Tustin to visit a brewery there.

Couple observations and a question - I've never been here before but it's not nearly as bad as it's portrayed on tv! Drove up I5 and expected to see mostly priuses (prii??) and while I did see several, I also saw quite a few Ford Trucks! Maybe that changes in a less military heavy part of the state? Traffic wasn't as bad as i feared, I'm sure that's not the case on a weekday though. Also, there's the best street name in Tustin, "Myford Rd" I'm sure that's someone's name, but still, have you ever seen a "Mychevy rd??" I tried a couple time's to get a pic but couldn't ever catch a red light.

Now the question - what are those uh...shall we call them the grand tetons? between Camp Pendleton and San Onofre? Is that a nuclear power plant??