View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 04:27 PM
LSO1123
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Truck popping out of park into reverse

My truck is, and has since I've had it, not wanting to stay in park. This morning I went out to get in it and it wasn't where I left it. When I parked it I made sure it was in park and apparently during the night it popped out of park and rolled off. Luckily there is a row of pine trees between me and my neighbor's house to catch my truck before it rolled thru his house! I'm not sure if the the problem is my shift cable or the manual lever. My gear indicator has never lined up, R is actually neutral, N is OD, and so on. When it's in park the needle is so far to the left that you can't see it. When the manual lever is in park, the shift cable just barely reaches it enough to snap on the lever so I guess this could be pulling on the lever causing it to pop out of park but even when the cable is not connected to the lever it just takes a very light tap to pop the lever out of park and into reverse. Reckon this is a shift lever problem or a shift cable problem or both? I'm not to concerned about the gear indicator lining up cause I go by what the Optishift says now but I sure do need for it to stay in park! LOL