Thread: bad oil pump??
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Pipeliner08
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bad oil pump??

ok i just baught a 92 ford 7.3 idi about 20 minutes out of town and when i got the truck home it started idleing rough and showing no oil pressure i shut it off and left it for the next day i go to start it and it was fine had good pressure until it warmed up and then oil pressure dropped and truck died instantly. since then ive put new injectors and return lines and changed the oil. the oil has no coolent in it or signs of diesel either. but now it wont start at all unless its cranked over a bunch and then dies once started and ive notice as im turning the truck over the oil pressure guage takes a while to show anything and then when it does its in spurts.if you stop cranking the oil pressure drops imediately so my question is do you think its an oil pump? or a cracked feed tube on thepump? i dnt think its a bearing cuz in my experience it wont build pressure while cranking. any help would be much appreciated!!! also can the pan be removed with the motor still in the truck if you unbolt the mounts and jack it up?