View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 09:57 AM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Without gov't subsidies none of the current alternative fuel sources are viable! Out of those 297,000 new jobs, how many will loose their jobs in the coal industry? Here in Kentucky and the other coal producing states this is a big concern. I personaly don't work or even know anyone that does work in this industry, but it is a concern for me as it would affect the economy of this great commonwealth! The ripple effect starts then. If they use less coal, then the guys transporting it are also out of work like the some railraod workers and the barge operators on places like the Ohio river to name a couple. As for saving us other folks money on our lighting/heating bills, ha ha ha ha! That is a joke. Just as with ethanol, the "we know what's best for you" guys in D.C. would need to help them out with our hard earned money they take in taxes. They can't even run the gov't on what they take now, so where do they get the money for this? My old dino burning (can't find a reliable source of wvo for bio) 6.9 IDI gets around 19-20 mpg. dialy driving and around 15-16 towing. The new fuel actaully hurt this mpg and costs more to refine and buy. Ethonal isn't much better. It doesn't have the same energy out put as straight gas does so it takes more to do the same work as well. If they want ot do something helpful, they should promote more diesel and or diesel/hybrid vehicles here in the states. Sorry for the rant but it gets my blood boiling when I think about the Fed sticking their nose into everything. It is not their place to try and control our lives, we fought a war a couple centries ago to stop that sort of thing.