Old 09-30-2011, 06:56 AM
640 CI Aluminum FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
1995 Powerstroke. (What is ''normal'' avarage fuel mileage)

Hey everyone.

This question doesn't really pertain to me...I'm afraid I drive a 2011 F-150 5.0L gasser But I have a friend who recently attained a 1995 F-250 Powerstroke, He love's the truck so far...But his only complaint is that its not getting the kind of gas mileage he expected it to. On avarage he's getting between 10 and 13mpg. Is this normal for this era of Powerstroke? I've heard many claims that these older Powerstrokes are capable of 15 to 20mpg quite easily? Sounds to good to be true, but I on the other hand don't have to much experience with diesels.

The truck is by all accounts in near mint condition...It does have about 125,000 miles on it...But it was purchased new by his grandpa who recently handed it down to him. The truck is VERY nice for its age and it runs very good. It factory stock everything and very well maintaind. And my friend doesn't have a heavy foot either. So poor upkeep and a led foot a ruled out for causes of bad gas mileage. Is 10mpg normal for a 1995 Powerstroke? Or could there possibly be something wrong with it? A sensor or something gone out?