View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 07:02 AM
granny_rocket
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DANA 60 swap for 96 f250

Anyone ever deal with Cary at CT performance? Hell of a nice guy.

I have a stock TTB front axl on my 4x4 96 powerstroke f250. My front end needs some serious work so I called the highly recommended CT performance where he gave me the bad news. He won't sell me part nor support my crap of a front axl. I must say I truly respect someone though that won't just sell you parts.

Anyway, long story short he told me to swap in a dana 60. I have found a few dana 60's but nervous as to how im going to do the swap. I don't have a garage (i have a tent/canopy) and not really sure what i'm doing. I'm mechanically inclined but like a little heads up as to what I'm doing before i get into a project. Anyone have input, suggestions, etc...

The other problem i'm going to have is gearing. How do I know what my rear axl ratio is? If I had to guess i'd say its a 4:11 but that's just a complete guess.... did ford stamp the rear axl? Can I just drop the rear pumpkin cover and count the teeth on the ring gear? How do I find a comparable match to my front. I was told that I need to have matching differential gearing or you'll blow up the transfer case.

Any help is much appreciated.