View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Originally Posted by jim48
Tom,

I'll be interested to read what you find out. I've used the Power Service white and grey for 8 years. Seven years in the 6.0 and since Feb in the new 6.7. The only time the 6.0 had a fuel problem was when one injector failed. Unfortunately it caused all the injectors on that bank to act up. Ended up having to replace all four of those injectors. Never had any other issues and traded the truck in Feb for the 6.7.

I did enought testing with PS in the 6.0 to think it more than paid for the price in increased mpg. I did not testing with the 6.7 and either the white bottle or grey has been in every gallon since made.

I am not against changing my fuel additive if there is a better choice. I don't know anything about any of the other brands. I'll be anxious to see what you all have to say about what additive you are using. My thoughts are the PS lubrication ingredient may be helpful for the fuel injection components, but I have no proof.
I hear you, Jim! My experience has been identical to yours, I used it on every tank on my 6.4L and nearly every tank on my 6.7L truck. I believe this is among the best in the industry, but unfortunately good technical data is hard to find.

I can't defend them without some kind of data, our experience is purely anecdotal at best. I'm hoping for a positive result from them tomorrow!