Old 09-25-2011, 04:18 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Emissions and fuel economy are two which sort of go hand in hand. Another major reason is people want a silky smooth truck and are known to complain about every little noise, bump, jerk and etc. They expect a 1 ton truck that is smooth like a Lincoln regardless of how bad it is for the trucks performance or longevity. The way my truck is setup would make these people run to the dealer and complain.

I really don't know. In the F-350's over 10,000 GVW, it's only rated at 316/397, though I am told it is because the ratings are taken at a lower R.P.M. than 6.2L's in lighter Super Duties.
Heard the same.

Why is the V-10 still around?
Its still in the..

1) E-Series
2) F53 Chassis
3) F-450 and F-550
4) Will be and option in Fords medium duty trucks for the 2012 MY
5) Still available in generator applications (gasoline, CNG and LP)

Ford should have kept the V10 tweaked it a little for more power and put the 6R140 behind it. The V10 is a better truck motor IMO and Ford seems to think so also. The 6.2l is nice in the 150 and Raptor but is not needed, the 3.5l EB and 5.0l are fine for the 150 IMO. With the upcoming mpg/emissions regs and changes to Fords lineup I don't forsee the 6.2l being around for long especially in an F-150, kinda an engine to fill a void that was not there. The mpg difference between the V10 and the 6.2l has proven to be next to nothing and the difference probably has more to do with the transmission than anything.

Where is the 7.0L Boss?
The prototypes are probably stuck in a corner somewhere. My guess is we probably will not see it in a production vehicle made in any quantity.